Public Beta Version 17 (Beta 2) Of PDQ Inventory Released
The PDQ.com Team is pleased to announce the public beta release 17 (Beta 2) of PDQ Inventory.
Get the latest beta
- If a computer has never been scanned, you may not be able to install
the Agent manually.
- An aborted scan will reflect a Scan Status of
Aborted, but the scan may still be queued/running. Restarting the
Background Service will fully abort the scan.
- ADMIN$\AdminArsenal is still the default UNC path used in Preferences > Target Share even if the field is blank.
- The Uptime may display an inaccurate time after upgrading from version 16.5.
- Needs Reboot reasoning is not populated after upgrading until a new scan has been completed.
- Ability to prioritize queued scans.
- Create a Dynamic Collection of an installed application from the Applications page of the Computer window.
- Changes to the Agent Status are now captured as Events.
- Needs Reboot now includes the reason why.
- The Target Service preferences page is now easier to use.
- Ability to move multiple columns at once and drag and drop in the Edit Columns window.
- Client mode no longer needs to re-enter the license information when upgrading or renewing the license.
- New Server host name variables.
- Additional information displayed on the License window, including Technical Contact.
- Distributed Wake-on-LAN now displays the name of the relay computer used.
- Warning about Caps Lock when entering a password.
- The Scan Status of 'Scanner failed with error code' is remedied with a second scan.
- Improved Agent performance.
- Installing on a non-system drive no longer prevents integration with PDQ Deploy.
- Opening Processes page of the Computer window no longer results in an error.
- Open in File Explorer is now working as intended.
- Time zone is now reflected correctly.
- Using Member of a Collection in a report now accurately pulls the correct collection membership.
- Collections no longer display 'Membership Updating' indefinitely when used in conjunction with Agents.
- Last Scan Profile now populates with the correct Scan Profile after a restart of the console.
- Running a Wake-on-LAN from a Client console works as expected without errors.
- If the connection is lost with a scan target, the Scan Status will now display 'Connection Lost' instead of staying on 'Returning Data'.
- Scans run against unavailable Internal Agents fall back to a standard scan instead of staying on 'Waiting for Agent'.
- The Services page of the Computer window authenticates with the Scan User.
- The Current User Display Name no longer returns a blank value after scanning.
- Disk Drives/Serial Number is now using two different methods to obtain a value for more accurate reporting.