A PDQ Deploy or Inventory console operating in Client Mode is properly configured but the PDQ Deploy or Inventory console operating in Server Mode is not accessible and the following window is presented:
The PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory client will attempt to reconnect to the server automatically until successful or the application is closed.
There could be several causes for this behavior:
- The machine with the PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory console operating in Server Mode could be turned off.
- The background service on the PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory console operating in Server Mode could be stopped.
- There is a network failure or other network issue between the PDQ client and PDQ server.
- The appropriate Windows Firewall rules were not created to allow traffic on the PDQ server port.
- Other firewall issues preventing communication between the PDQ client and PDQ server.
To troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure the PDQ console running in Server Mode is operating normally and is accessible to the PDQ client machine (e.g. test with ping).
- Ensure the background service on the PDQ server is running.
- Check the firewall for the appropriate exclusions.
- Turn off any third-party firewall software and test connectivity.
Deploy: Configuring Central Server
Deploy: Central Server: Migrating Existing Installations That Use Custom Packages
Inventory: Configuring Central Server
Inventory: Central Server: Migrating Existing Installations With Custom Collections, Tools, Scan Profiles, And Reports
Windows Firewall Ports and Exceptions